Sunday, July 25, 2010

Just because

Hey its a blog about me building an airplane! I can put some random aviation stuff here.

This weekend I went and looked at a small two seater to use for training. I've finished my private pilot, but need a large chunk of pilot in command cross country before I can begin IFR training. Buying a plane makes sense if it can reduce the cost of training. This was a pretty cheap plane, so it would've fit the bill well.

On the way back I stopped at the FBO to try and get a few charts but instead ended up spending ten minutes on the ramp. Due to the airshow in town (more on that in a second) they were out of parking spaces at the base, and so one of the Air Force pilots who was doing cross country flights to stay current parked it at the FBO. This meant that as I pulled in I did a rapid double take as there was an F/A-18 sitting there!

Definitely not something you see everyday. The next day was day 1 of the airshow. I went, and got completed sunburned. It was a pretty cool show though, with the Thunderbirds performing and a short visit from a B-2 bomber! Again, not something you see everyday. They of course had the Blackhawk helicoptors, transports, refueling tankers, and F-15 and F/A-18s out, but they also had a B-1 bomber. Since the RV project has meant selling off my cameras, I did not snap any pictures, but it was cool! Despite the conveniance, I hate being the guy pulling out his cell phone to take pictures. Unless of course its to video a B-2 bomber flying over....

No comments:

Post a Comment