Saturday, July 17, 2010

Vertical Stabilizer

Woke up pretty early (thanks work...?) so went ahead and went to the workshop.

First things first, I checked to see if all of the primer looked good.  Once I was sure of that, I started clecoing together the rear spar.


From Drop Box

Rear spar.

I then began riveting!

From Drop Box

The first rivet of the vertical stabilizer!


From Drop Box

Riveted rear spar.

Next came the front spar and ribs.


From Drop Box

Skeleton clecoed.

Next, I used a soldering iron to gently melt the plastic around where I would need to be riveting.  This way I could rivet on the skeleton while maintaining protection for the majority of the surface.

And then a lot of riveting in tight places. A lot. Riveting took a lot more time than I expected...


From Drop Box

Vertical Stabilizer! Complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment