Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Paint Time!

Aileron brackets riveted!  These things look very very cool.  I did this inbetween coats of primer on the wing ribs.

 Here is a picture of the "dusting" of the primer onto the ribs.  I was at the hanger from about 530 to 845 painting them.  It was pretty cool to see them painted and stacked.
 Here is the aileron brackets before they were put together getting reprimed to get those freshly countersunk holes.

 This was all done last night.  This morning I woke up early for some reason so I headed to the hanger before work and grabbed all of the ribs.  They look great!  I need to do just a little touch up, but overall I'm really excited.  Once my dad gets into town we'll be hammering the rivets home to get these attached to the spars!

Here they are sitting next to the right wing ribs!

No comments:

Post a Comment