Thursday, April 7, 2011

Wings, Rear Spar

Tonight I match drilled the pieces for the rear spar.  I started with the reinforcement fork, and immediately wrote the note to myself to dimple the spar flange before assembly.  I clecoed everything and started drilling.  Not exciting.

Next, I did the reinforcement plate for the end because it was easy to put it flush to the edge.  This one was relatively simple, just some drilling.  For the middle piece, however, it was a little more complicated.  The middle piece required more creative clamping, but luckily I had purchased cleco clamps.  Next I took a sharpie and colored in the hole that needed to be removed.  After I drilled all of the holes, I took the pieces apart and made two quick holes in the piece for pilot holes.  The step drill worked wonders here, but I still ended up using a file to get the hole cleaned up and to the correct size.
Once complete, it was time to repeat the same steps on the right wing.

No comments:

Post a Comment